Pages

Friday, December 25, 2009

Definitely not a Four Star Hotel

Stayed at the Tunga Regale in Mumbai which claims itself to be a 4 star Hotel.The staff also claim the same because of the facilities available,so how good is it?It does not go beyond the claims of its staff.I would rate it is a 2 or a 3 star property with a 4 star price.
The biggest drawback of the hotel are its front office staff who behave like 2 star hotel staff,they need training,and the trick that make every guest feel like a king!The Lobby is very small,and they do not accept Diners Club cards.I had booked an Icon room,the Booking experience was good (Courtesy Mitali Joshi)The Airport Pick up car was a sedan and in good condition,that increased my expectation.The room itself was good,but it had a torn and worn out chair which was not expected.The room size could be bigger.
The bath room is the claim to fame of this hotel and yes it is quite good and large ,the icon room has a jacuzzi bath tub and a very nice shower area.
The Laundry was not efficient,i had to chase them for my laundry,and they gave me the wrong set had to chase them again till I got my clothes back.The breakfast is not much,but is decent though the restaurant is small and they do not have enough plates or staff.
The 7th storey pool and bar area looks hip-considering it is a hip hotel.
They should have 24 hour dining.
The room itself was good,but the staff was what pissed me right from check in to check out.Especially one guy-Manjeet(He has forgotten how to smile)When checking in he said no extention of check out time,but agreed to give a change room while collecting luggage,2 days later when I reminded him -he he point blank refused -hmm!They did give me the change room though for 10 mins,the Star Room which was good as well.
I would rate the Hotel as 3 star for the room
Bath room-5 Star
Lobby and staff 2 star

No comments:

Post a Comment