Pages

Thursday, June 4, 2009

Kenyan Airways

Travel by this airline gave me a fixed feeling!I was looking forward to travel by "the pride of Africa".Got in at Bangkok and went to Nairobi,returned the same way.Singapore to Bangkok was via Thai Airways.
Nairobi to Dar Es Salaam was via Precision Air.
Precautions I took:Avoided checking in luggage as did not want missed baggage,so had carry on luggage.Tried to get upgraded-was not successful.
The inflight entertainment was a misnomer-as it was absent!The airhostess refused to take my jacket,finally she relented and my jacket was put in the business class section.
The personal screen system did not work !Apparently has not worked for many years.I had requested for Vegetarian meal-yes I got it!(Much better than many American Airlines).Used the opportunity to sleep through the flight-caught much needed sleep.On landing -there was no aerobridge,so had to walkdown and again up some cemented staircase.
Nairobi Airport needs a major refurbishment.Used my Diners Club card to get access to one of the lounges which had good internet access.The flight to Dar was good and on time.
Dar airport too needs a major refurbishment.
My return flights were on time.Again no complaint from Precision.The Kenyan Airways return flight had no IFE(yes the personal systems were absent).Flight was crowded,toilets dirty.
Will I fly again on Kenyan Airways?Yes-If I have no choice and can't change my travel dates!
What about Thai Airways?Yes no inflight entertainment on the flights from Sing-Bkk and return.
The aircarft looked new and clean,toilet was clean.Airhostess neatly attired.However on my onward flight service was lacking-no famous "Thai" Courtesy,the steward was more interested in chatting to the pretty women next to me than service.
My return flight was much better,with good service.

1 comment: